Martyrdom in Sikh Faith – Katha by Bhai Pinderpal Singh
Shared video by https://livestream.com/SikhInside
http://www.naamras.com/#naamras – Singapore
Prominent Sikh Martyrs
- Guru Arjan Dev, the 5th leader of Sikhism, martyred 30 May 1606.
- Guru Teg Bahadur, the 9th guru of sikhism, martyred on 11 November 1675. He is also known as “Hind Di Chadar” i.e. “the shield of India”, suggesting that to save Hinduism,The Guru gave his life.
- Bhai Dayala is one of the Sikhs who was martyred at Chandni Chowk at Delhi in November 1675 on account of his refusal to accept Islam.
- Bhai Mati Das is one of the greatest martyrs in Sikh history,martyred at Chandni Chowk at Delhi in November 1675 to save Hindu Brahmins.
- Bhai Sati Das is one of the greatest martyrs in Sikh history,martyred along with Guru Teg Bahadur at Chandni Chowk at Delhi in November 1675 to save kashmiri pandits.
- Sahibzada Ajit Singh(1687–1705) the eldest of Guru Gobind Singh’s four sons.
- Sahibzada Jujhar Singh (1691–1705), the second son of Guru Gobind Singh.
- Sahibzada Zorawar Singh was the third of Guru Gobind Singh’s four sons.
- Sahibzada Fateh Singh was the youngest of Guru Gobind Singh’s four sons.
- Banda Singh Bahadur was the Sikh Military Commander Appointed By Guru Gobind Singh.
- Baba Deep Singh (1682–1757) was avenging the desecration of the Golden Temple by the Afghan army. In 1757, he led an army to defend the Golden Temple.