Bhai Balwinder Singh Rangila
RAMKALI OF THE TENTH KING
Re man aiso kar(i) sanniaasaa||
O mind ! the asceticism be practised in this way :
Ban se sadan sabhai kar(i) samjhoh man himaah(i) udaasaa||aa|| Rahaao||
Consider your house as the forest and remain unattached within yourself…..Pause.
Jat kijataa jog ko majjan(u) nem ke nakhan ba?haao||
Consider continence as the matted hair, Yoga as the ablution and daily observances as your nails,
Gayaan guroo aatam updeshoh naam bibhoot lagaao||1||
Consider the knowledge as the preceptor giving lessons to you and apply the Name of the Lord as ashes.1.
Alap ahhaar sulap sinindraa dayaa chhimaa tan preet(i)||
Eat less and sleep less, cherish mercy and forgiveness;
Sil santokh sadaa nribeehibo hvaiho tigun ateet(i)||2||
Practise gentleness and contentment and remain free from three modes.2.
Kaam krodh hankaar lobh hath moh na man so lyaavai||
Keep your mind unattached from lust, anger, greed, insistence and infatuation,
Tab hiaatam tat ko dares param purakh kah paavai||3||1||
Then you will visualize the supreme essence and realise the supreme Purusha.3.1.
Sabad Patshahi 10 are ten religious hymns composed by Guru Gobind Singh which are present in Dasam Granth. These hymns and also against any form of Idolatry, Human Worship or worshiping deities and also have comments on ritualistic practices of various schools in Hinduism like Sanyasis, Yogis, Bairagis etc.
These are composed in nine different ragas and are in the style of the Bishanpadas. In these different sections, the tenth master, Guru Gobind Singh Ji has given expression to his philosophical and spiritual beliefs. He has negated the ritualism associated with yoga, belief in the Avatars and sensuality and inspired people to move on the path of truth and goodness. Alongside these is included a Khayal Patshahi 10 which is believed to be written by Guru Gobind Singh while he was in the jungles of Machhiwara.
In Dasam Granth, This composition was placed after Avtar Katha because of the reason as in Avtars Guru Gobind Singh narrated history of religion and regular changes in those which produced current form of religion at that time, Guru Gobind Singh sanctifies the corruption done in past in these Sabads and provide the Tatva in these Sabads.
- These 10 hymns are also called Shabad Hazaare Patshahi 10.
- These hymns are present under title Sabad.
- These hymns are primarily composed in Braj and Hindi languages,with plentiful use of sanskritic words.
- Excluding Hymn No. 6, All other hymns have 3 Padas and Rahau (The Pause) is placed in beginning of Shabad.
- Hymn 6th was composed at Machiwara where as others were composed at Anandpur Sahib. The ordering of Hymns was given by Bhai Mani Singh.
- The only Six Ragas present in Dasam Granth are in title of Hymns.
- These shabads deal with futility of ascetism, idolatry and attachment.
- Shabad Hazare is a title given to collection of these shabads. Though it is not present in main text and the meaning is not too clear but traditionally it is believed that one shabad have merit of thousand. Some scholar link hazare word to Persian Hijr means separation which linked as the shabads separates us from Maya where it is also believed to be come from word Haazra (means present) i.e. word of Haazar Hazoor.
- In Shabad 5 Guru Sahib tell that man should not worship creation but the creator