In 2009, Dilgeer published the controversial five volume “Sikh Twareekh.” While the author claims it to be the most complete and authoritative reference on Sikh History – critics have condemned it as an intentional distortion of historical facts and ideology. His current works condemn many central concepts in Sikhi and present a warped view of the Sikh history as well as question well established accounts related to life history of the Guru Sahibans.
Dilgeer rakes up controversies some of which are listed below:
- Claiming Guru Gobind Singh Ji never took Khanday-battay-da-Amrit from the Panj Piyaray, negating the concept of “ਆਪੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਚੇਲਾ“.
- Dismissing the historical fact that Guru Arjan Dev Ji was never martyred on a “ਤੱਤੀ ਤਵੀ“
- Dismissing the historical fact connected to Panjokhra Sahib regarding Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Ji blessing Chajju the water carrier to recite the Gita.
- Dismissing the historical fact of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s rotation of the Kabba at Mecca.
- Dismissing the historical fact of Guru Tegh Buhadur Sahib saving Makhan Shah Lubana’s merchant ship from sinking.
- Despite the various HukamNamas from Sri Akal Takht Sahib forbidding the criticism of Sri Dasam Granth, Dilgeer has openly attacked the Holy Granth calling it ‘gand-mandh‘ (filthy-trash)
- Panja Sahib is a myth (see below).
Extracted from: http://www.panthic.org/articles/5168