Bhai Gagandeep Singh ੲੇਹੜ ਤੇਹੜ ਛਡਿ ਤੂ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਪਛਾਣੁ
by Harnaak Singh
In Part 4A, in which we moved focus to Malaysia, we discussed three major matters i.e.
- The relationship between FAITH and REASON, LOGIC and CRITICAL THINKING (RLC),
- Showed how Karminder and the Kala Afghana Brigade uses RLC to break down long standing tenets and create new knowledge to replace this,
- Exposed the links between MGC and KARMINDER with the Kala Afghana Brigade and Ideology.
The first dot point FAITH vs RLC is a very important and critical point for us all to understand.
In Part 4A we discussed this with an example of a person crossing the road and then went on to show how Karminder and the Kala Afghana Brigade use RLC to propagate the Kala Afghana Ideology with two examples, one on Sikhi tenets and one on our historical records.
In Part 4B we exposed the thought process of the indoctrinated Kala Afghana members (Kala Afghana Brigade).
THIS ARTICLE IS A MUST READ EYE-OPENER FOR ALL THE SANGAT OF THE WORLD.
In this part we will look at “what the Kala Afghana Ideology is?” and also expose that the new age missionaries, linked with the new age Missionary Colleges, are actually Kala Afghana Ideology stalwarts.
As discussed in Part 3, Kala Afghana in the late 1990s wrote a series of books, Bipran Ki Reet. These books questioned the very core of Sikhism, i.e. the Sikh tenets and Sikh practices/traditions from the time of our Gurus based on the following verses.
ਜਬ ਲਗ ਰਹੈ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਨਿਆਰਾ, ਤਬ ਲਗ ਤੇਜ ਦੀਓ ਮੈ ਸਾਰਾ
So long as Khalsa retains his distinct identity, I will give him my entire radiance and strength.
ਜਬ ਇਹ ਗਹੇ ਬਿਪ੍ਰਨ ਕੀ ਰੀਤ, ਮੈ ਨ ਕਰੌਂ ਇਨ ਕੀ ਪ੍ਰਤੀਤ
When the Khalsa adopts the way of the Brahmin, I will not give the Khalsa my trust and support.
We will not go into the depths of understanding these verses with the exception that the meaning is
As long as Khalsa remains true to the tenets and practices taught by the Gurus, Guru will provide support the Khalsa in every way. But when the Khalsa adopts the ways of the Brahmins, then Guru will withdraw my support and trust in the Khalsa
and that these verses are from Sarab Loh Granth which is the composition of Guru Gobind Singh.
Note: Though it is important to understand the meaning of “the way of the Brahmins”, it is not important for the point we are going to discuss”. It is believed that the KA ideologists are misinterpreting and stretching the meaning to suit their agenda.
The Kala Afghana Ideology has interpret “the way of the Brahmins” as “being ritualistic” and have gone on a rampage to isolate Sikhi from ritualistic practices. Every act, irrespective of the sharda and devotion behind the act, is interpreted as a ritual.
The entire Kala Afghana series of Books are hinged on these verses i.e. these verses are the central theme of the entire KA ideology.
The irony is the KA Ideology rejects all Granths with the exception of SGGS Ji, BUT use verses from Sarab Loh Granth as the central theme of the KA ideology.
On what basis does the KA ideology stand when its central theme is from a Granth they reject?
Isn’t then the ka ideology a BUNCH OF NONSENSE? We will see.
The missionary colleges work hand-in-hand with the Kala Afghana Ideologists to propagate this Kala Afghana ideology.
Isn’t the whole world being taken for a ride by the Kala Afghan Ideology propagated by the new age missionaries?
We will look at the anti-Sikhi anti-Gurmat view of this ideology.
The references used in this article are listed below.
- Sikhiwiki weblink: at LINK.
- “Sab Dust Jhakh Mara” by Kanwar Ajit Singh, Publisher: Gurmeet Vichar Kendra, 1st Ed 2005, 2nd Ed 2007. This book is an excellent read on this matter available at LINK. The author Ajit Singh studied the Kala Afghana writings in series of books Bipran Ki Reet and then wrote this book as a response. Extensive research is clearly apparent in this book which exposes the anti-Sikhi anti-Gurmat “moorakh” Kala Afghana as well other moorakhs to the hilt. A MUST HAVE AND MUST READ FOR EVERY GURSIKH WHO WANTS TO LEARN TO BE AWARE OF KA TYPE ANTI-SIKHI ANTI-GURMAT ELEMENTS.
- Sikh Research Institute at LINK has many articles. See section “Response to G.S. Kala Afghana”.
It has been exposed in reference  that the Missionary Colleges are hand in glove with the Kala Afghana Ideology. Reference 1 lists the main concepts and Reference 3 looks at Kala Afghana’s views on Dasam Granth.
MAIN CONCEPTS OF THE KA IDEOLOGY
In this section we highlight the main concepts of the Kala Afghana Ideology and also identify the major group, the new age missionaries that are aligned to this ideology. These new age missionaries are the main force behind the preaching of the KA ideology to the world.
Reference  has done an extensive study into the concepts of the Kala Afghana phenomenon. We liberally use extracts from this reference. Other references also broadly list the same main concepts.
Reference  only lists these concepts. Reference , analyses some of the concepts that are mainly related to the Dasam Granth and shows these to have no basis. Reference  both lists and analyses a major part of the KA concepts and comes to the same conclusion as  that is the concepts have no basis.
Figure 1: What the KA ideology criticises
At a general level, Gurbaksh Singh Kala Afghana (KA) defames and slanders
- Sikh History,
- Sikh Philosophy,
- Sikh Practices,
- Sikh Dharmic Granths and
- Sikh Dharmic personalities.
He makes fun of Sikhi, Sikh Practices (Paramparas), Amrit, Panj Piaray, Nitnem, Naam Jaap, and Amrit Sarovars.
Figure 2: Rejection of Nitnem and NAAM Simran
The KA ideology states that
- reciting Nitnem daily is of no benefit.
- doing Vaheguru NAAM simran is like a “cow chewing”.
The KA Brigade do not believe in the amrit ceremony performed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- Amrit ceremony by Guru Gobind Singh in 1699 was performed with only Japji and Anand Sahib.
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not accept Panj Piarey as Guru to take amrit from them.
- KA says Amrit is only a name, taking Amrit is worthless.
- KA says that Khanday Ka Pahul Amrit is the pretentious creation of the Dera Sants.
The concept of reincarnation
Reincarnation is an accepted concept in Sikhi and well expounded in SGGS Ji, Dasam Granth and the other two canons plus our long time references.
- The KA ideology rejects reincarnation.
Sikhi is ritualistic, condemns our long standing practices
The KA stalwarts view the practices which are SHARDA and DEVOTION related that we perform towards our Gurus and SGGS Ji as BRAHMVAAD and ritualistic.
Figure 3: Reject amrit ceremony and out devotional practices
- In his writings KA shows that the Sikh Dharam is essentially ritualistic i.e. deep in Brahamvaad.
- Doing Bhog in presence of Guru Granth Sahib is manmat.
- KA criticises washing feet before entering Darbar Sahib or Gurdwaras.
Sikh Rehat Maryada
The KA ideology does not accept the Akaal Takhat Rehat Maryada. Some of the points are stated below.
Figure 4: Reject Sikh Rehat Maryada
- KA questions SRM finalised in 1945 stating it was formulated by 3 or 4 people (which is not true by the way).
- He pokes fun of the Akaal Takhat Rehat Maryada in his writings e.g. the Nitnem with 5 banees.
- KA rejects Vaheguru NAAM simran which is espoused in the SRM.
Many of the points listed or discussed in other sections also fall into this category for example SRM espouses Akhand Path and KA Ideology rejects this.
NOTE: The KA Brigade in Malaysia ARE LYING when they say that they follow the SRM. See, in Figure 5, one of the champions of KA/Missionary ideology preaching in Malaysia LYING. He and his missionaries reject Simran, Akhand Path, Bhog lagauna, the Dasam Granth and then claim that they follow the SRM. As example see Figure 5 inset (Red box) Article VI(c) of SRM states kirtan of Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns can be recited, but the KA ideology rejects banee from Dasam Granth. This is a case of WORDS ONLY but NO ACTION – HYPOCRICY in broad daylight.
Figure 5: Words say they follow SRM but actions say NO
Sri Guru Granth Sahib
The KA stalwarts view the practices, which are SHARDA and DEVOTION related that we perform towards SGGS Ji, as ritualistic.
Figure 6: Sikhs worship SGGS Ji as an idol
- KA Says that Sikh respect for SGGS Ji (palki, chandoa, ramaalay, etc) is idol worship. See Figure 6.
- KA says that METHA TEKNA to SGGS Ji is idol worship (Moorti Pooja).
Figure 7: Bhog lagauna is a ritual
- Doing Bhog of Parshad is ritualistic
Figure 8: KA Ideology does not accept SGGS Ji as a living Guru
- They do not accept SGGS Ji as LIVING GURU. KA says that the words, paper, bind of SGGS Ji i.e. what we see, are man-made. God has no form so our Guru also has no form. Therefore, by KA definition of Guru, SGGS Ji cannot even be considered a Guru. Why? Because SGGS Ji is in the form of a Granth, made of paper, which has Shabad, the word of God. Think about this deeply.
One of earliest contentions preached by the KA and the missionary group was to denigrate Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s composition Dasam Granth (especially Charitro Pakhyan) in a big way.
Figure 9: KA Ideologists reject Dasam Granth
- Opposes DG Banees, claims they are not composed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji BUT by a Brahmin Devotee of Siva.
- At one hand when it suits him, he uses verses from Dasam Granth to support his views. On the other hand he says he only believes in SGGS Ji and that Dasam Granth is written by a mischievous Brahmin.
Note: The Sikh Rehat Maryada allows the recitation of banee of Guru Gobind Singh (Dasam Granth). See Figure 5.
KA does not spare our Dharmic personalities either.
- Slanders Dharmic personalities e.g. Baba Sri Chand, Bhai Gurdas, Baba Buddha Ji, Bhai Mani Singh, Baba Deep Singh, Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindrawale, Bhai Rhandhir Singh, Bahi Vir Singh, Nawab Kapoor Singh.
- Claims that Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale is a thug.
- Questions how Baba Deep Singh was able to go to Harmandir Sahib with a severed head.
Personal claims and contradiction of KA
His biographical outline in his books is hard to believe.
- He claims he studied the writings of Bhai Vir Singh, Paath of SGGS Ji, understood SGGS Ji from Prof Sahib Singh’s Dharpan, learnt Dasam Granth, learnt the entire Sanatan Matt Granths, and writings of many other scholars.
This is surprising since he went to Canada around 1984, at the age of 62 (birth 1922) and was involved in court matters for a substantial period of time. His writings came out towards late 1990s.
Reference  raises a number of questions to KA about his writings. One of the major ones is presented below.
- There are numerous contradictions in the KA writings e.g. in one is instance he says Khanday Batey Da Amrit is Agianta and Brahamvaad and at another instance he writes about Guru Gobind Singh “then he took Amrtil from the Five Piarays and changed his name from Gobind Rai to Gobind Singh”. Can you see the irony. Like this his writings are FULL OF HOLES.
- KA uses the verses “Jab Lag Khalsa Rahe Niara, Tab Lag Tej Dioon Mein Sara. Jab Eh Gaye Bipran Ki Reet, Mein Na Karoon In Ki Parteet”. His series of books are hinged on these verses . The author Ajit Singh in  questions the source of these verses. These verses are in the Sarab Loh Granth which KA rejects since only SGGS Ji is accepted. Based on this, his series of books HAS NO BASIS. .
The author of  reveals that there are substantial lies in KA’s Bipran Ki Reet Ton Sach Daa Maarag Second Ed pages 12 to 17 where he outlines his autobiography.
The biggest Kala Afghana Supporter
The Missionary Colleges are strongly linked with the Kala Afghana Ideology.
Gurvichar article at LINK exposes the ideology of the new age missionaries. The new age missionaries’ ideology is very much aligned to the Kala Afghana Ideology meaning they are linked.
In reference  Ajit Singh has clearly identified this link. Extracts from his book below in Figures 10 and 11 clearly expose this link.
Figure 10: Bathing in sarovar is brahmvaad
Figure 10 clearly shows that both KA and the new age missionaries say that
- the “ishnan” bathing in “sarowar” according to the ideology of Kala Afghana and Missionary Colleges is a Brahamvaad ritual.
Considering this therefore there is a good likelyhood that the sarovars will be converted with the necessary decoration for beautification and modified to attract children to the Gurdwaras.
Figure 11: KA and the Missionary Colleges are against Dasam Granth
Further their common belief and ideology is shown in Figure 11. Reference  states that
- We have no problem stating that the biggest ANTI-DASAM Granth group is the Missionary colleges and their supporters and members.
- They are the “so called intellectuals” in whose heart there is no love and spiritual wisdom but solely scientific knowledge based thought.
- A missionary group denigrates and rejects the compositions of Bhai Gurdas, Bhatt Sawaeeyay and Bhagat Banee.
- Khanday Ka Pahul banees Jaap, Sawaeeyay and Chaupaee should not be recited.
- Inder Ghagga and his inner circle are the main exponents of this group.
- They also reject the commencing part of Ardas which comes from Chandi Ki Vaar.
- They have adopted this ideology from Kala Afghana’s teachings.
Figures 10 and 11 are only two examples provided. There are many other parts in reference  where the Missionary Colleges are shown to be aligned to the Kala Afghana ideology.
In fact it is not wrong to say that they, the missionaries, are a major part of the Kala Afghana Brigade. Their main role, since they are involved in Gurmat education, is the propagation of the Kala Afghana Ideology through its graduates and staff.
Links with other organisations
Figure 12: KA Links
- Note that KA is alleged to be a member of the RSS  trained at RSS Lucknow Headquarters.
- Further considering that his knowledge in Sikhi “has much to be wanted”, it is likely that he may be have been used by the Nagpur Think Tank  to produce his writings.
About KA writings
References ,  and  have broken down the writings/concepts by KA, putting it politely, to nonsense.
Figure 13: KA writings only question Sikhi tenets and practices/traditions
Reference  (see Figure 13) states that, KA has essentially raised questions on Sikhi tenets, practices and prominent personalities, with a “Bipran Ki Reet” Brahamvaad ritualistic oriented, sharda or devotion devoid, perspective. But no solution is provided for the questions raised.
KA has not provided any useful spiritual Gurmat teaching in his writings.
Therefore the KA writings can be relegated good just for the dump yard.
A summary of the main anti-Sikhi anti-Gurmat ideology of the Kala Afghana Brigade has been outlined. The links of the Missionary Colleges to the Kala Afghana Ideology have been explicitly exposed.
The verdict of the Kala Afghana writings in his Bipran Ki Reet series on books has been identified to be full of “nonsense” and anti-Sikhi anti-Gurmat views.
The Kala Afghana Ideology has interpret Bipran Ki Reet “the way of the Brahmins” as “being ritualistic” and have gone on a rampage to isolate Sikhi from ritualistic practices. Every act, irrespective of the sharda and devotion behind the act, is interpreted as a ritual.
Kala Afghana ideology has thus only questioned Sikhi tenets and practices/traditions with this narrow ritualistic oriented, sharda devoid perspective. Nor has this ideology provided any Gurmat related teaching in the writings.
The Missionary Colleges and their associates are going around propagating this anti-Sikhi anti-Gurmat nonsense.
Sangat Ji please Beware of these Missionaries and the Kala Afghana Brigade who are hell bent on propagating this ideology.
The future of Sikhi is in your hands Sangat Ji.
Guru Sadee Rakhiaa Karey. ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਡੀ ਰਖਿਆ ਕਰੇ.
Thank You for reading. ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ
… to be continued.
Please download the PDF attached and share: 171017 Wreck the SRM History MSIA 4C