by Harnaak Singh
The article addresses the question “Creating controversies is the way of the Kala Afghana Brigade aka the Snake Brigade?” in relation to our SRM. We look at how some Snake Brigade members are creating a controversy by questioning the DIFFERENCE between the authentic English version of the Akaal Takhat SRM dated 1994 and the corresponding Punjabi version dated 1945.
The two videos below are related to this article. They have been also posted on Gur Vichar FB.
The moorakh Autar Singh is now reviving controversy on this authentic English version of the Akaal Takhat SRM.
Also some other indoctrinated moorakhs, are jumping on the CONTROVERSY CREATING BANDWAGON.
Why create the CONTROVERSY?
- Create a controversy if one has an agenda to execute
- Controversy thrives on “lack of knowledge” in the subject in which controversy is created
- Controversy easily incites those who lack knowledge and have been indoctrinated as a result
- Creating controversy is a definite way to split the Sangat – the concept of DIVIDE and RULE.
WHAT IS THE CONTROVERSY THEY ARE CREATING
The moorakh Autar Singh is now reviving the controversy regarding authentic English version of the Akaal Takhat SRM where the English version clarifies Gurbani to mean “Guru Granth and Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns”.
Also notice that some other indoctrinated moorakhs, Gurnam Singh Dhaliwal and Wajinder Singh (see Figure 1) are jumping on the CONTROVERSY CREATING BANDWAGON.
Figure 1: Creating controversy with SRM
The remarks or questions, they use to create controversy are listed below.
Figure 2: Creating controversy with SRM – Autar
Autar says the SGPC authentic English Translation is mischievous (see Figure 2).
Figure 3: Creating controversy with SRM – Gurnam Dhaliwal
Gurnam raises the question why the Gurmukhi version is different from the English version (see Figure 3).
Figure 4: Creating controversy with SRM – Wajinder
Wajinder further adds the questions
- “who added Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns” in the English version -see Figure 4 (the yellow arrow in Figure 4 clarifies this question – compare the blue underlined English and Gurmukhi parts) and
- that Gurbani is only in the SGGS Ji – see Figure 4 (implying that Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s compositions are not Gurbani).
Summary of the questions
Basically the three of them raise the following remarks/questions.
- Who added “Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns” in the English version?
- The Punjabi version only states Gurbani but does not specify Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee.
- Gurbani is only in the SGGS Ji Ji (implying that Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s compositions are not Gurbani).
- Those who added this are mischievous.
Why do we say that these Kala Afghana Snake Brigade members are creating a controversy? They are doing the following
- to achieve the Kala Afghana Ideology agenda which rejects Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee
- they are hoping that the Sangat will not know that Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee is not rejected in the SRM
- they are hoping the Sangat will believe them AND
- they are hoping there will be a split in the Sangat and the majority will be supporting them.
So it is clear that they are creating a controversy.
Essentially their controversy hinges on that Guru Gobind Singh’s banee is rejected in the SRM and is not Gurbani.
Let us see what credible sources have to say about this i.e. Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee is rejected in the SRM and is not Gurbani.
CREDIBLE SOURCES ON THE BANEE OF GURU GOBIND SINGH JI
The English version of the Akaal Takhat SRM is available at the SGPC website. An extract of the part questioned by the Kala Aflghana Snake Brigade is shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Extract of Article VI Kirtan part of Akaal Takhat SRM from the SGPC website (This is in relation to Figure 4)
Clearly the SGPC has sanctioned the inclusion of “…. Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns” in the English version. The relevant part of the text is underlined in red.
About the authentic English Translation
The Sikh Rehat Maryada English translation was done under the auspicious of the SGPC. This English translation is authentic. Figures 6 to 9 show this clearly.
Figure 6: Extract of SGPC SRM – the front sheet And start of Preface
Figure 7: Extract of SGPC SRM – part of Preface showing that the English translation matches the Punjabi version (red arrow)
Figure 8: Extract of SGPC SRM – part of Preface showing that the English version is authentic(red arrow)
Figure 9: Extract of SGPC SRM – ending part of Preface showing some comments by the main author
Clarification of some phrases in the authentic English Translation
The author clearly states in the preface that some phrases have been interpolated (clarified) as shown in Figure 10.
The case of clarifying the meaning of Gurbani is one of these interpolations. The meaning of Gurbani is “Guru Granth’s or Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns.
Therefore the Akaal Takhat SRM clearly states that Gurbani includes Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s compositions.
This is further supported by the following.
- Jaap Sahib (in Dasam Granth)
- Benti Chaupai (part of Charitro Pakhyan in Dasam Granth) is one of the Nitnem banees.
- Ardas includes the first Paurdi of Chandi Di-Var (in Dasam Granth).
Figure 10: Extract of SGPC SRM –Comments by the main author indicating he interpolated (clarified) some phrases
- The Punjabi version also supports this view that Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee is not rejected as shown in Figure 11.
Figure 11: Extract of SGPC SRM – A Sikh is to follow and discourse on Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee
Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee is Gurbani according to Mahan Kosh. See Figure 12.
Figure 12: Definition of Gurbani in Mahan Kosh
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee was composed to provide exposition on the aspect of Vedas included in the SGGS Ji. All compositions by Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Dasam Granth are in synchrony with SGGS Ji
Figure 13: What SGGS Ji says about Gurbani
DISCUSSION REGARDING AUTAR BRANDING THE SGPC AND AKAAL TAKHAT AS MISCHIEVOUS
Autar is falsely accusing the SGPC and/or the Akaal Takhat of being mischievous. Who is mischievous?
Though we do not like to be personal, but that fact he calls other mischievous it is necessary to show how principled he is.
Autar had been using the FAKE title PROFESSOR until questioned by Gurvichar in June 2017 which was as per his Linkedin profile in March 2017.
Further it was noted that in August 2017, his title has changed from “Senior Lecturer” in June 2017 to “Associate Professor” in November 2017 – see Figure 14.
Figure 14: Autar – FAKE Titles – getting promotion while retired (retired in 2011)
It is pointed out that this promotion took place while he is retired. It is a bit far-fetched for someone to be promoted when in retirement.
Big question mark here. Unprincipled? Mischievous hanky panky?
This moorakh Autar has the cheek to brand SGPC/Akaal Takhat mischievous and to reject the painstaking effort of the SGPC Scholars in preparing the authentic English translation. Maybe he should have a good look at himself in the mirror.
DISCUSSION AND CONCLUSION
All credible evidence shows that Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee is not rejected by SRM and is classified Gurbani.
Why reject the authentic SRM. Well the Kala Afghana Ideology they follow rejects Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee.
The mischievous fools Autar and his Snake Brigade bandwagon find fault with the authentic SRM prepared under the SGPC.
So these Kala Afghana Snake Brigade members create controversy and put a doubt in the Sangat’s mind so that they implement their Kala Afghana Ideology agenda.
Sangat Ji, do you want to support such who hide THEIR TRUTH to propagate THEIR FALSEHOOD by misleading the Sangat.
The decision is yours Sangat Ji.
ONLY YOU SANGAT JI CAN CHECK THIS DESTRUCTION,
The future of Sikhi is in your hands Sangat Ji.
Guru Sadee Rakhiaa Karey. ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਡੀ ਰਖਿਆ ਕਰੇ.
Thank You for reading. ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ