Shabad Kirtan: “Main Moorakh Ki Gat Keejay Mere Ram” by Dr Gurinder Singh Ji. Thank you Ji for the beautiful kirtan. (source: Gurdip Kalra on YouTube)
by Harnaak Singh
Jagir of MGC was a signatory of a memorandum to the Prime Minister of Malaysia (see attached PDF first page for a snapshot of the memorandum). The contents of the memorandum, see Figure 1, are (translated into English)
We the heads of the various Indian ethnic groups in Malaysia, request 14 April to be declared as the NEW YEAR OF THE HINDUS (or to be called Indian Celebration) and this day be made a public holiday.
Figure 1: Extract from Memorandum
There were a total of eight (8) signatories to the memorandum. The other 7 names appeared to be communities which follow the Hindu Faith.
One point to note in the memorandum is to call the holiday “INDIAN CELEBRATION”. This appears as a PARADOX.
Malaysians applying for an “Indian celebration”?
What has the Indian Country done for the ethnic Indian Malaysians for Malaysians to apply for an “Indian celebration”?
It would make sense if it was called “Ethnic Indian celebration”.
Jagir was the only one who is believed to be a Sikh claiming to represent the ethnic Punjabi community.
Signed off as the President of Malaysian Gurdwaras Council which is an organisation set up to pursue the
- values and traditions and
- tenets, preaching and practices
of the SIKH FAITH through the Gurdwaras in Malaysia.
Of course there is no problem if Jagir signed off as Jagir without the “ President MGC” under his signature. He has the right, as a prominent person, to talk on behalf of the Malaysian Punjabi Hindus.
But the problem here is he has signed off as a representative of the Malaysian Gurdwaras Council in applying for the HINDU NEW YEAR Holiday.
There are two major flaws in Jagir’s message (memorandum)
- Firstly, the HINDU NEW YEAR is not a SIKH NEW YEAR
- Secondly, the Sikh New Year is 1st day of CHET which falls on 13th /14th of March.
This is very basic knowledge about Sikhi.
Such IGNORANCE from a LAYMAN may be forgivable BUT coming for the leader of a SIKH Organisation is UNFORGIVEABLE.
He can be classed as nothing less than a MOORAKH in Punjabi or a FOOL in English.
On this ground alone HE IS NOT WORTHY OF BEING THE PRESIDENT of an organisation which represents the Sikhs.
RESPONSE TO JAGIR’S MEMORANDUM FROM THE SIKHS IN MALAYSIA
There was a strong response from the Sikh community. A response was made by the SGGS Academy which in essence represents the sum of the major concerns by the Sikh community. This is included in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Major concerns of the Sikh Community
There are three main points in this message.
- This message is quite clear that the Sikh community is NOT in support of an “April 14 HINDU NEW YEAR celebration” for the Sikhs. Sikhs are not Hindus.
- The Sikh community has previously applied for a VESAKHI Holiday which has been granted as an unrecorded leave to Government servants.
- MGC under Jagir is promoting the Purewal’s Nanakshahi Calendar and by doing so going against the ADESH OF THE AKAAL TAKHAT.
It is clarified that the Akaal Takhat since 2015 has shelved the Purewal’s Nanakshahi calendar because of it’s flaws, though it was implemented from 1999 to 2014.
(Please refer to some Gurvichar links, LINK A, LINK B, LINK C on this matter)
JAGIR’S RESPONSE FOLLOWING THE SGGS ACADEMY MESSAGE
Jagir responded to the SGGS Academy message (see PDF attached with this article). The main points in Jagir’s response are
Background points 1 to 7 essentially state that a number of meetings were held and this resulted in the application for a Hindu New Year on April 14.
Response to SGGS Academy message
- Jagir says “Hindus have always been celebrating their new year and the Sikhs their “Vasakhi” on 13/4 or 14/4 all these years. This has not made the Sikhs to be lesser Sikhs.”
The question to Jagir is why then not call the holiday VESAKHI HOLIDAY for the SIKHS? This should have been spelt out in the Memorandum.
- Jagir puts in a shrewd biased manner that Purewal’s Nanakshahi calendar was and still is accepted and approved by the Akaal Takhat.
- Jagir included a Sandesh dated 18-Mar-1998 indicating the use of the Nanakshahi Calendar signed by Gurbachan Singh Tohra as President of SGPC.
- The printing of the calendar is under the SGPC and not Akaal Takhat.
JAGIR should REMOVE HIS BLINKERS and STOP LYING.
Jagir is CLEARLY MISLEADING the SANGAT by withholding the fact that the Purewal’s calendar has been rejected by the Akaal Takhat in 2015. This attitude cements him being at TRUE BLUE MOORAKH.
Additionally, see what SGPC is, in the words of Wikipedia.
“The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (or SGPC) is an organization in India responsible for the management of gurdwaras, Sikh places of worship in three states of Punjab, Haryana, and Himachal Pradesh and union territory of Chandigarh. SGPC also administers Harmandir Sahib in Amritsar.”
This clearly shows that SGPC is merely a civil administrative body. It’s role is not INTERNATIONAL.
Further it does not manage the religion related affairs of the Sikh Panth, the role of which is in the hands of the Akaal Takhat and the other four Takhats.
JAGIR SHOULD STOP HIDING UNDER THE APRON OF SGPC in generating his LIES.
He is adamantly following the Purewal’s Nanakshahi calendar because of his and thus MGC’s alignment with the Global Sikh Council which professes the Kala Afghana Ideology.
PDF attachment: 180210 Jagir HINDU Holiday 02