THE CONTROVERSIAL SPEAKER
Prof Inder Ghagga creates controversy and splits the Sangat wherever he goes. Why? He subscribes to the DIVISIVE KALA AFGHANA IDEOLOGY. Why DIVISIVE? Because this ideology goes against the LONG TERM TEACHINGS FROM OUR GURUS AND PRACTICED BY OUR FOREFATHERS. Some of the key beliefs of Prof Inder Gaggha are shown in the picture below. Our comments are included in red text in the picture below.
There was a program by Inder Ghagga at the Ipoh Greentown Gurdwara on 01-Mar-2017. Present were the members of the Sangat who do not subscribe to the Kala Afghana Ideology which Inder Ghagga professes. This ideology is against the teachings of our Gurus (see above). The Sangat recited Gurbani and in this manner peacefully prevented Inder Ghagga from presenting his preaching.
We share the opinion of the Sangat comments related to a post by Sunil Sukhvir on his FB timeline. Please refer LINK below for these comments. https://www.facebook.com/sunilshukvir.singh.9/posts/1587060331309407?comment_id=1592332150782225¬if_t=like¬if_id=1488935456935668
(Please use the link on Gur Vichar FB to access the above LINK which is not active OR copy and paste the above in you FB. Thank You)
Sunil Sukhvir Ji stated that it is not wrong for the Sikh Panth to stand up against ANTI-GURMAT activities. He cited a number of examples in history in relation to this. This justified the simran performed to prevent Inder Ghagga from presenting his preaching.
A summary of the comments follows. The comments are numerous and we decided not to include any in this article. Please go to the link given above to read the comments. The comment summary is divided into two groups. One from the pro-Ghagga side and the other from the Sangat side.
Summary of Comments from the pro-Ghagga side (most comments are by Arina Kaur and possible one by Morgan Singh see LINK)
- Comments denigrating those who performed the Simran in a peaceful manner.
- One of the comments blamed the members of SGGS Academy for the incident.
- One comment even classified the SGGS Academy members as gangsters but this comment seems to have been removed.
- Comments by Arina Kaur cited video evidence (three videos were posted as evidence).
- There was a comment stating that the Guru of those against the preaching of Inder Ghagga, is Paramjit (of SGGS Academy).
- There was a comment by one who is against the Natak (meaning Dasam Granth) claiming allegiance and loyalty to SGGS Ji.
- A comment stated that the Ghagga’s shirt was torn, his beard pulled, he was punched and his dastaar removed.
- Performing of the Simran was described as “thuggish” behaviour.
- Numerous comments strongly denigrated the SGGS Academy.
- One comment claimed no support for mortal but loyalty to the SGGS Ji.
Summary of Comments from the Sangat who oppose Inder Ghagga’s preaching (many members commented see LINK)
- Comments referred to the Akal Takht issued Notice (Sandesh) against Ghagga (advising that Ghagga should not be entertained on a Gurdwara or Panthik platform).
- Comments highlighting that Inder Ghagga parcharak has been preaching against teachings of SGGS Ji in the form of his posts at YouTube.
- Inder Ghagga preaches “poison” wherever he goes and because of this has been assaulted previously.
- Comments stated that Inder Ghagga has been uttering rubbish (in his previous talks)
- It was pointed out that there were only four members of the SGGS Academy in the 300 odd Sangat.
- Comments by those present indicated that the SGGS Academy members remained seated and continued doing Simran even when the incident occurred.
- There were comments requesting proof of the allegations and provision of videos (note three videos were posted)
- Comments stating that the videos did not provide “any proof” that the SGGS Academy members incited the incident.
- The person who was taking the video kept zooming in on the SGGS Academy members.
- Comments questioning why Ghagga was brought into Malaysia quietly.
- The pro-Ghagga people are casting doubts on Amrit Banis and Simran
ANALYSIS OF THE AVAILABE VIDEOS
In light of this a number of videos (including those posted by Arina Kaur) were analysed. Sections of these videos was combined to produce one video showing the program starting with the last part of the Rehras and ending with the incident. This video is attached below.
From the analysis of the video the following observations (focusing more on the incident) are noted. The timing referred to is the time from the beginning of the video.
- At 3 seconds Inder Ghagga walks into the Darbar Sahib and pays his respects to SGGS Ji.
- At 30 seconds Inder Ghagga starts his preaching.
- At 51 seconds the Sangat starts performing Simran.
- At 3 mins Giani Ji start Anand Sahib.
- After Anand Sahib it is envisaged the Ardas and Hukam Nama was taken (video not available). Then the Sangat continued with Simran.
- The serving of Parshad is seen at 3 min 32 seconds.
- The Sangat remains seated reciting Simran.
- At 3 min 54 seconds a person is seen passing the front of the camera.
- The Sangat is still seated and reciting Simran.
- At 3 min 57 seconds a second person passes the front of the camera.
- The Sangat is still seated and reciting Simran.
- At 4 min 17 seconds our Jakara “Bole So Nihal Sat Sri Akal” is heard.
- At 4 min 19 seconds another person is passing the camera.
- This person turns around at 4 min 20 seconds and then the camera moves randomly indicating some disturbance and a commotion starts. It is difficult to see what is happening from 4 min 20 seconds up to 4 min 32 seconds though the sounds of commotion are heard. Someone is heard speaking towards the end of this period.
- In the next recoding a person whose turban (Person A) is off can be seen at 4 min 33 sec. Commotion is heard. (note this recording may not be sequential to the pervious one)
- At 4 min 36 seconds a voice is heard saying that Police have come in and personnel with greenish vests are seen in the video.
- At 4 min 39 sec a lady is heard screaming “Beadbi hoee hai. Meray Guru di phag layee gaee yaa. Besharmo. Besharmo. Meray Guru di phag layee gaee yaa. Beadbi hoee hai meray Guru di”. We assume the “Guru” refers to Inder Ghagga. It is not apparent from the video that a person’s turban is being removed though Person A is seen in the video. It is noted that during this last video a number of those present appeared to be either taking photographs or making video recordings.
WHO DONE IT?
From the video analysis it is apparent that one person Person A had his turban removed. No other person’s turban seems to be have been removed from the video. However Inder Ghagga is shown without a turban standing towards the right hand side of where SGGS Ji Prakash is done in the Darbar Sahib in another video not included in the video posted above and photos (see below).
One possible scenario is a case of error. The incident started at 4 min 20 seconds when the third person (maybe person A) is moving out, he may have been accidently bumped into. He may have reacted, noting that tensions may have been high, adversely towards the person behind him resulting in a sort of an accidental altercation. On the other hand it could have been planned but the question in this case is why Person A?
It is not evident from the video that an attack on Inder Ghagga occurred. Note that it was claimed in the comments that he was punched, his beard pulled, his shirt torn and his dastaar removed. This was not evident from the video.
This occurrence was expected to take place timewise around when the lady screamed “Beadbi hoee hai. Meray Guru di phag layee gaee yaa. Besharmo. Besharmo. Meray Guru di phag layee gaee yaa. Beadbi hoee hai meray Guru di”, but was not seen in the video. It is surprising that this lady is claiming Inder Ghagga to be her Guru in the presence of our living Guru SGGS Ji.
If Inder Ghagga had been punched it is expected he would have lost balance and fallen down. This could not be perceived in the video. The claimed attack on Inder Ghagga is a mystery.
Two pictures of Inder Ghagga after the incident are shown below. The shirt does not appear to be torn as seem from the picture as well as one video seen (not included in here). He however has a knotted white hair, possibly from his beard, in his left hand.
The program was peacefully executed until the point when the third person was leaving the Darbar Sahib (at 4 min 20 sec in the video) when an altercation took place. This may have been purely accidental or planned; in which instance the question is why that particular person.
The claimed attack on Inder Ghagga was expected to take place timewise around when the lady screamed “Beadbihoee hoee hai. Meray Guru di phag layee gaee yaa. Besharmo. Besharmo. Meray Guru di phag layee gaee yaa. Beadbi hoee hai meray Guru di”. This was evident from the video.
It is very surprising that this lady is claiming Inder Ghagga to be her Guru and this was said in the presence of our living Guru SGGS Ji. Is Inder Ghagga really a Guru to the pro Ghagga people?
Noting that a number of videos were being made during this incident, it is surprising that a video showing the incident has not appeared.