WE CONTINUE. AS SAID EALIER our analysis in the values of Malaysia Gurdwaras Council (MGC) and what it stands for was mooted by the recent MGC’s letter dated 20-Mar-2017 accusing Gur Vichar of mischievously writing that GSC is a Panth Dokhi in addition to other claims.
The analysis we performed was very interesting and we have commented on this MGCs letter through our post on 23-Mar-2017. The conclusion from that analysis was that
- It appears that MGC is condoning those who are acting against the edicts of Akal Takht and SRM.
Continuing from that post we posted the following information on 24-Mar-2017. The conclusion in the post was that
- MGC is contravening its own CONSTITUTION, the SRM and the AKAL TAKHT GURMATTA by
- banning the singing, reciting and discourse of Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee in Dasam Granth,
- espousing the Ek Granth concept
Further on 26-Mar-2017 we analysed the RESOLUTION DISCUSSION (as per MGC letter dated 21-May-2016). Our conclusion was MGC
- That meeting appeared more like a LOGIC VOID game of chance e.g. THE ROULETTE WHEEL IN A CASINO executed by MGC, SNSM, KDM, Melaka Vidayala and the Sikh Religious Scholars BANNING THE ACTIVITY THE MALAYSIAN SANGAT HAS BEEN DOING SINCE THE TIME OF THEIR FOREFATHERS than a serious discussion on matters affecting the Malaysian Sangat.
On 29-April-2017 we analysed and commented on the Ek Granth Ek Panth … concept. The summary was
- The Ek Granth Ek Panth Ek Maryada concept is not rooted in Gurbani as well as not unifying since
- There is no reference to Granth, Panth or Maryada based on the MGC quoted verse.
- HOW CAN THIS CONCEPT BE UNIFYING when it breaks the age old tradition of singing, reciting and discourse of Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s banee in Dasam Granth?
Therefore this concept is misguiding, un-Gurmat as well as un-Sikhi.
IN THIS POST we will look at the decision making process as well as the decision by MGC to implement the ban of Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s Banee as well as the propagation of the “Ek Granth Ek Panth Ek Maryada” concept.
From the FOUR numbered points above we can conclude that
The MGC by banning the singing, reciting and discourse of Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s Banee is going against
- it’s own constitution
- the Sikh Rehat Maryada and
- the Akal Takhat Gurmatta.
AND the MGC peddled concept of Ek Granth Ek Panth Ek Maryada is a misguiding, un-Gurmat and un-Sikhi concept.
Are these actions performed by MGC’s dictated by the Global Sikh Council INC.?
Another point that is interesting is that the organisations
- Melaka Vidayala and the
- Sikh Religious Scholars
are involved in making a decision for the Gurdwaras. The Gurdwaras were not directly involved in this decision making or at least the resolution does not state it was. The quote for the resolution below shows this appears to be the case.
At a Meeting of the Representatives of the Malaysian Gurdwaras Council, Khalsa Diwan Malaysia Sant Sohan Singh Ji Melaka Memorial Society Malaysia and also attended by Sikh Religious Scholars. a Resolution dated 21/05/2016 was adopted under heading “Unity Gurdwaras And Sanggat” whereby SlKH REHAT MARYADA was unanimously endorsed to be followed by Gurdwaras. It has now been endorsed by Tatt Khalsa Diwan and Sikh Naujawan Sabha Malaysia.
This Resolution was considered by the MGC EXCO on 28/05/2016 and was unanimously approved.
This Resolution is therefore binding on all the Gurdwaras and the Gurdwaras are to follow the SRM as has been the practice in the past.
Not withstanding that the Resolution appears to be against MGC constitution, the SRM and the Akal Takhat Gurmatta, where is the independence of the Gurdwaras? The MGC constitution required that MGC is to “respect, maintain and implement INDEPENDENCE OF THE GURDWARAS”.
Have the Gurdwaras given permission to SNSM, KDM, Melaka Vidayala and the un-named Sikh Religious Scholars to make a decision on their behalf?
The MGC constitution states that “legally constituted Sikh Organisations other than Gurdwaras shall only be eligible to become associate members of MGC” BUT “shall have no voting rights, and shall not hold office in the MGC”. Even if these organisations were associate members of MGC, they have NO VOTING RIGHTS which means THEY CANNOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS ON BEHALF OF THE GURDWARAS.
FIRSTLY the resolution passed by the SNSM, KDM, Melaka Vidayala and the un-named Sikh Religious Scholars appears to be against MGC constitution, the SRM and the Akal Takhat Gurmatta.
AND Secondly have not the groups (SNSM, KDM, Melaka Vidayala and the un-named Sikh Religious Scholars who have NO VOTING RIGHTS) involved in passing the resolution, transgressed the MGC constitution?
Considering the TRANSGRESSIONS of the MGC constitution, SRM and the Akal Takhat, is the RESOLUTION taken by MGC LEGAL?