Bhai Davinder Singh – Those who meditate on You, O True Lord – they are very rare.
by Harnaak Singh
The result of the MGC EGM was a resounding YES by the SANGAT for the resolution proposed by MGC via letter reference MGC/OF/349/17/(01)EGM2017.
Congratulations to MGC Exco for their success in passing the resolution.
Congratulations also to the Sangat for their choice of supporting the resolution.
It would be interesting to analyse and have an understanding of the impact of the choice by the Sangat and the success of MGC Exco.
We first review and analyse the thinking behind some jubilant groups/individuals who are elated at the success of MGC passing this resolution. This is addressed in this part 1 of the article.
In part 2 we will analyse the impact of the resolution on the Sangat.
WHO are JUBILANT with the SUCCESS?
We will look at what some groups/individuals have to say about the result of the MGC EGM and analyse/comment on the statements. We will highlight their key statements on the results of the EGM and analyse what this means.
- Global Sikh Council Inc. (GSC)
First and foremost Global Sikh Council Inc. (they have been noted as PANTH DOKHIS by the Takhats) is very pleased by this success. The GSC mentioned (see Figure 1) MGC’s success meaning Sangat support of
- the belief in the Guru Granth Sahib as the Shabad Guru,
- Guru Gobind Singh’s command GURU MANIO GRANTH.
- Panth Parvanik Sikh Rehat Maryada
- rejecting those who place other scriptures on par with Guru Granth Sahib
The use of words “Shabad Guru”, but no statement about LIVING GURU.
They conveniently forget that Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s command continues with GURU GRANTH JI MANIO PARGAT GURAN KI DEH. Very convenient memory lapse to suit their agenda.
Also the Global Sikh Council Inc. states that the 5 Banees for Amrit Sanchar are Jap, Jaap, 10 Savaeyay, Chaupai and Anand Sahib (first five Paurdi and last Paurdi i.e. only 6 Paurdis). Is this also the stand of MGC?
WHAT PANTH PARVANIK MARYADA ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT? PROBABALY A DISTORTED VERSION WHICH THEY HAVE UNILATERALLY PREPARED!
Figure 1: Extract from GSC Inc. Letter
- Head Parcharak MGC
Then we have Karminder Singh (the Head Parcharak of MGC) who states that SSGGS and SRM are the foremost winners. I have not come across the term SSGGS but my guess is it is SOLE SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB. Karminder essentially says that this win means (refer Figure 2)
- • SOLE supremacy of SGGS
- • ONE and ONLY Guru worthy of Parkash in our Gurdwaras
- • Acceptance of the Ek Granth Ek Panth Ek Maryada concept (initiative by MGC)
- • acceptance of the GURU MANIO GRANTH (initiative of MGC).
The use of words “GURU MANIO GRANTH”, but no statement about LIVING GURU. He conveniently forgets that this continues with GURU GRANTH JI MANIO PARGAT GURAN KI DEH.
Figure 2: Extract from article by Karminder Singh
- Inder Singh Ghagga and his colleagues.
The news (apparently received via email) posted in Kotakpura by Gurinder Singh (see Figure 3). See full article on link A
Figure 3: Extract of article by Gurvinder Singh
Inder Singh Ghagga (see red box in Figure 3) congratulated Jagir and states it is a historic win for the Sikh Panth. Inder Ghagga is elated by the MGC win.
Does this not clearly link MGC to Inder Ghagga? Was MGC a party to the invite to Inder Ghagga to Malaysia?
It is also noted some of the other names mentioned in the article see red box (underlined part) in the Figure are Joginder Singh Spokesman, Professor Darshan Singh, Bhai Panthpreet Singh, Ranjit Singh Dhandrianwale, Professor Sarabjit Singh Dhunda and Gurcharan Singh Jeonwala.
Note: A number of them have been mentioned by Akaal Takhat Sandesh 306/3410 dated 21-Oct-2006 (see Link B) which advises Sikh Sangat all over the world not to support these speakers due to their confusing and divisive anti-Gurmat views and association with excommunicated Gurbaksh Singh Kala Afghana. These people are also known to be against Dasam Granth,
Is MGC also linked up with this people?
It is noted that it was also reported in the article, that in response to Amarjit Singh’s statement “that A Sikh is one who has faith in the Sikh Rehat Maryada, The Banee of 10 Gurus and the Amrit of Khande Kee Pahul”, Jagir replied that “there is only Banee of 6 Gurus in the SGGS Ji”. This is interesting in the sense that such detail of the discussions would only have been provided to the article writer (or his source) most likely by MGC or its representative. This appears to give a VERY STRONG INDICATION OF THE LINK BETWEEN MGC and the ANTI-GURMAT NAMES mentioned in the article.
- Kiranjot Kaur (Secretary SGPC)
Kiranjot Kaur also congratulated MGC through Autar Singh (see Figure 4). Note that Kiranjot is Secretary SGPC. Kiranjot has links with Dr Chahal of “EK OH BEANT” fame. For more information see Link C.
Figure 4: Kiranjot Kaur Secretary SGPC congratulating MGC
- Jarnail Singh Dhillon Arshi
Jarnail Singh (see Figure 5) also indicated that the Malaysian Sangat has given a resounding YES to
- Ek Granth, Ek Panth, Ek Maryada concept
- support for the Global Sikh Council
- Sikh Rehat Maryada
Figure 5: The post by Jarnail Singh Dhillon Arshi
6. Summary of the analysis of the group/individual statements
Summary of the analysis, of what the success means by the SANGAT’s support for MGC, from the statements by the groups/individuals above are listed below. Therefore the SANGAT/MGC’s supports, believes, accepts and abides by the following
- Guru Granth Sahib is the Shabad Guru
- Sole Supremacy of Sri Guru Granth Sahib
- acceptance of Guru Manio Granth
- the Sikh Rehat Maryada approved by the Akaal Takhat and facilitated by the SGPC**
- that no other Granth should be on par with Guru Granth Sahib meaning only Prakash of SGGS Ji only in Gurdwaras
- acceptance of the Ek Granth Ek Panth Ek Maryada concept
- support for the Global Sikh Council Inc.
Note: ** The Global Sikh Council Inc. (see Figure 6) states that the 5 Banees for Amrit Sanchar are Jap, Jaap, 10 Savaeyay, Chaupai and Anand Sahib (first five Paurdi and last Paurdi i.e. only 6 Paurdis). Is this also the stand of MGC? See Link D for full article.
Figure 6: Panth Parvanik Sikh Rehat Maryada DISTORTED by GSC Inc.
Other points to note from the above are
- there is no mention of LIVING GURU** though Shabad Guru is referred to
- MGC is linked to Inder Singh Ghagga
- MGC appears to be linked to Joginder Singh Spokesman, Professor Darshan Singh, Bhai Panthpreet Singh, Ranjit Singh Dhandrianwale, Professor Sarabjit Singh and Gurbachan Singh Jeonwala (many of whom have been put to notice by the Akaal Takhat and preach ANTI-GURMAT views
- MGC strong link to Global Sikh Council Inc. which possibly a mooting source to MGC’s ideals and actions
- Is MGC also following a distorted Sikh Rehat Maryada as GSC is?
- MGC link to Kiranjot Kaur and Dr Chahal who wants to change Ek Oangkar to Ek Oh Beant.
Note: ** Lord Singh one of the prominent members of GSC stated that the “LIVING GURU” is a metaphor.
…. to be continued in Part 2